Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Integrated Care board – Information prior to statutory go-live date of 1st July, 2022
Information about Leicester General Hospital is within these papers.
This temporary webpage is in place as the ICB is now meeting in public prior to its statutory go-live date of 1 July 2022.
On 1 July we will have a new website for the ICB but in the meantime we are providing you with brief details about the new organisation and papers for meetings.
About Integrated Care Boards (ICBs)
Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) will be established as statutory bodies subject to legislation from 1 July 2022 and will replace Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). In Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland this means that Leicester City CCG, West Leicestershire CCG and East Leicestershire and Rutland CCG will become the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Integrated Care Board.
The ICB will be part of an integrated care system (ICS) with partners in LLR aiming to deliver a health and care system in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland that tackles inequalities in health and delivers and improves the health and wellbeing and experiences of local people and provides value for money.
Our partners are
- Leicestershire Partnership Trust
- University Hospitals Leicester NHS Trust
- Rutland County Council
- Leicestershire County Council
- Leicester City Council
- 130 GP practices in LLR (grouped into 25 PCNs)
- Voluntary and community sector
As partners we have a clear purpose: To work together for everyone in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland to have healthy, fulfilling lives.
As a system, we have committed to working together with respect, trust and openness, to:
- Ensure that everyone has equitable access and high-quality outcomes
- Make decisions that enable great care
- Make decisions and deliver services as locally as possible
- Develop and deliver services in partnership with our citizens
- Make the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland health and care system a great place to work and volunteer
- Use our combined resources to deliver the very best value for money and to support the local economy and environment
- Best start in lifeWe will support you to have a healthy pregnancy, a safe environment, a nurturing and secure relationship with caregivers, good nutrition and healthcare, and support from birth to adulthood
- Staying healthy and wellWe will help you to live a healthy life, make healthy choices, within safe and strong communities, and maintain a healthy quality of life
- Living and supported wellWe will support you through your health and care needs to live independently and to actively participate in your care
- Dying wellWe will ensure you have a personalised, comfortable, and supported end of life with personalised support for your carers and families
Meet the ICB
The ICB Board is comprised of the senior leaders of all the health organisations in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. The Board has oversight of the whole health system, sets the strategic direction, and defines the outcomes the system should deliver.
The current designate board members are
|Mr David Sissling||ICB Independent Chair (designate)|
|Mr Andy Williams||ICB Chief Executive designate|
|Ms Simone Jordan||Non-Executive Director (designate)|
|Mr Darren Hickman||Non-Executive Director (designate)|
|Ms Pauline Tagg||Non-Executive Director (designate)|
|Prof Azhar Farooqi||Non-Executive Director (designate)|
The Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR) NHS Integrated Care Board (ICB) is currently meeting in shadow form to prepare for its statutory establishment from 1 July 2022.
From April 2022 the LLR ICB started meeting in public. This means members of the public are welcome to attend and observe the business of the meeting. For now, these meetings will take place virtually.
Members of the public who have questions relating to items on the agenda are requested to submit these in writing in advance of the meeting by email: email@example.com. Questions received after 12.00 midday on the Tuesday before the meeting will not be considered.
ICB meetings held in public
The next meeting to be held in public of the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland NHS Integrated Care Board (ICB) will take place at 9.00am on Thursday 9 June 2022.
The papers for this meeting can be found here
As we are not currently holding these meetings in person, the meeting will be held via MSTeams. If you would like to join the meeting or submit a question in writing in advance please email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.00 midday on Tuesday 7 June 2022. Requests received after this time will not be processed due to the timescales involved.
Future ICB meetings
- Friday 1 July 2022 – inaugural ICB meeting
- Thursday 14 July 2022
Past ICB meeting papers