Community Wellbeing Champions – Covid Booster, Community led walks, Public Health Hour and Help Leicester Stay Warm
Community Wellbeing Champions: Spring Booster now underway, Community led walks, Public Health Hour…
Here is this week’s round up of events and information.
Spring Covid Booster now underway
Spring booster invitations are being sent out via the national team. A sample letter and SMS/app invitation are attached for your information. In the adult version a paragraph has since been added about pneumonia vaccination. You can see this paragraph (highlighted in yellow) in the app version. By the end of this week, 40% of invites for people who are immunosuppressed will have been issued. By 28 April, 58% of the IS population will have been invited.
A list of Mobile Vaccination Unit (MVU) locations for Leicester is also attached. The MVU will be out across the city from the 27th of April to 18th of May. Please note the dose(s) being offered for each date/location as this varies. Please share this information amongst your networks.
If you have any queries regarding the spring vaccination programme, please contact Samantha Keating from the Integrated Care Board on Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org or 07798 687930.
Your Wellbeing Matters Public Health Hour on Ramadan Radio
As you will be aware from one of our previous emails, we have been hosting a weekly programme on Ramadan Radio this year. The series has now finished, but recordings are available online for anyone that would like to catch up on them.
- Programme 1 – 28th March – Public Health overview with Laura French and Live Well overview with Darshna Ruparelia: https://www.youtube.com/live/D8u6zVmOr7w?feature=share (Please note: there was a technical glitch with the audio for remote guests the online streams which meant that Darshna’s side of the conversation couldn’t be heard, so unfortunately the video is a one-sided conversation from around the halfway point.)
- Programme 2 – 4th April – Cost of Living Crisis, Social Isolation, and Community Support with Kate Huszar and Edd Quick: https://www.youtube.com/live/bYqCWxTUR4A?feature=share
- Programme 3 – 11th April – Children and Young People’s Health and Wellbeing with Clare Mills and Alex Yeomanson (School Nursing, Leicester Partnership NHS Trust): https://www.youtube.com/live/pkHiv1Yke-U?feature=share
- Programme 4 – 18th April – Health inequities and barriers to better health with Paul Miles of Public Health and Khudeja Amer-Sharif of Shama Women’s Centre: https://www.youtube.com/live/Ao2Ot9Kh7yE?feature=share
If you would like to work with Public Health to explore different ways to engage with your communities, such as the above, please get in touch.
Led walks for Community Groups
Spring has arrived and there’s plenty to enjoy outdoors! During the month of May the Walk Leicester Festival is taking place, with a range of free group walks available. Getting out on foot is a good step towards a more active lifestyle and also a great way to discover the city. From residential streets to green spaces and waterways, there is so much to enjoy … and features of interest to discover along the way!
The City Council are keen to reach community groups to encourage more people to get walking. From May onwards, the Choose How You Move team are offering short group walks exclusively for community groups of 8 or more adults. A free ‘taster’ walk is available, customised to the needs of the group. This offer is available from May onwards and continues through the year. Do you know a community group who would like to participate? To find out more, please visit the Choose How You Move website: Led Walks for Community groups
Other Updates and Information
- Help Leicester Stay Warm: The latest Help Leicester Stay Warm workbook is attached, with a new tab with information on Adult Safeguarding that has been provided by our colleagues at the Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland Safeguarding Adults Board. An adult at risk of harm is defined as someone who may have needs for care and support, and is experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect and is unable to protect themselves. Safeguarding is everyone’s business, and it is important to raise awareness of what safeguarding is to ensure that we help to protect adults who are unable to protect themselves. Please remember to share information with us on any activities and warm spaces provided by you that are open to members of the public to attend (or update us on any changes to information you have already provided). Information on how to do this is included in the workbook. Many thanks.
That’s all from us this week. Please feel free to share this email and the resources with people in your network, and if you know someone that would like to be added to our mailing list please ask them to contact us at email@example.com. (Similarly, if you would like to be removed from the mailing list, please drop us an email at the same address.)
Also, if you have any questions or comments, or want to share something with the network through this email, please get in touch on the same address. We look forward to hearing from you.
With warmest regards,
The CWC Team
Leicester Community Wellbeing Champions Network
Leicester City Council
Address: City Hall, 109 – 119 Charles Street, Leicester LE1 1FZ